Serve Graduate Housing Communities
Community Assistants (graduate housing areas) are responsible for supporting the residential community in graduate housing, and they articulate the philosophy and policies of the Division of Student Affairs, Office of the Dean of Students, and Housing & Residence Life (HRL) to residents in their community. They also represent the needs of their residents. This adult-to-adult, non-paternal relationship centers on the Community Assistant's desire to develop a residential community that promotes personal and academic growth and eases the adjustment to University life. The Community Assistant reports to an HRL professional staff member who provides supervision, advice, and overall coordination to enhance the intellectual, social, and cultural experience of residents at the University. Community Assistant responsibilities require a 15-hour commitment per week, on average, with some evening and weekend tasks required.
In order to apply, students must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time graduate student at the University of Virginia.
- Have been enrolled at UVA for at least one year (must have completed one full semester at time of application); exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis determined by staffing needs.
- Be eligible to live in either the Copeley Hill or Faulkner Drive residential area.
- Be in academic good standing with their school of enrollment and must meet the minimum cumulative 2.25 GPA requirement at the time of application, and while under the Program Agreement.
- Must be in good judicial/disciplinary standing with Housing & Residence Life and the University.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.