Special housing accommodations are available for students with disabilities or medical conditions that require accommodations such as wheelchair accessibility, modified safety alarms, kitchen access, a single room, a service or assistance animal, etc. All requests for accommodations are received and reviewed by the Student Disability Access Center (SDAC).
If you have any questions, please contact SDAC at 434.243.5180 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply?
Students must submit their housing application to Housing & Residence Life (HRL). In addition, students must initiate and participate in the intake and eligibility process through SDAC, which is initiated by applying for SDAC services.
- In most cases, students should submit a Student Request for Housing Modification form to SDAC; their treating provider also should provide documentation, such as by completing the Verification of Disability form.
- Students who previously have completed the SDAC intake and eligibility process must notify their SDAC Advisor of their housing accommodation needs each academic year.
The housing application and SDAC intake and eligibility process or SDAC Advisor notification need to be completed by the appropriate application deadline below for priority consideration.
If the student submits their request after the applicable deadline, their request will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis based on the housing available at the time of their submission. SDAC and HRL will place a student on a priority waitlist if appropriate housing is not available at the time of submission.
Application Deadlines for 2024-2025 Housing
- Returning Undergraduates applying to stay in the same residence area: November 6, 2023
- Returning Undergraduates applying to live in upperclass apartments and JMW: January 19, 2024
- Graduate Students: November 17, 2023 for returning residents; April 8, 2024 for new residents
- Incoming First-Year Undergraduates: June 1, 2024
- Incoming Transfer Undergraduates: June 1, 2024