Search This Site

Service and Assistance Animals

What Do I Need to Do?

Students must request the University's permission to allow the presence of a service animal or assistance animal on University property. Permission will be granted only as a reasonable accommodation for a documented disability. Please see the SDAC Procedures and Guidelines.

How Do I Make a Request?

All requests for service or assistance animals are received and reviewed by the Student Disability Access Center (SDAC). For more information, contact SDAC at 434.243.5180 or send an email to

Page Photo Credit

Service dog page image courtesy of Service Dogs of Virginia