Don't Stress. You've Got This.
For the best combination of location, pricing, and being plugged in to the UVA community, on-Grounds housing can't be beat. Living on-Grounds eliminates the stress and pressure that can come when making a housing decision.
Our student-focused process allows you to focus on what’s most important right now - your academics - knowing that you have the option to live on-Grounds with your friends.
On-Grounds housing benefits include:
- Online room selection: Browse online to choose the apartment you want. Even after you apply for on-Grounds housing, you are not committed until you
select a space and sign the agreement.
- Apply as a group of up to 6 people. You may also apply individually.
- After you move in, you can use our online room change system to select a different room (as available), or to swap with another student.
- Greater flexibility: Students who study abroad for one semester or become an RA are released from the housing agreement at no charge.
- Easy finances: There’s no security deposit, furniture and utilities are included, and charges are billed through your SIS account.
- Electronic access: Your University ID card is your room key.
The priority order for on-Grounds apartment selection is:
- Rising third- and fourth-years returning to the same area
- Rising second-year groups of 6 and 4
- Rising second-year groups of 5, 3, 2, and 1
- Rising third- and fourth-years who are living on Grounds but moving to a different area
- Rising third- and fourth-years living off Grounds who want to move on Grounds