What is open housing?
Housing & Residence Life offers an inclusive housing option known as "open housing" to students who wish to request roommates regardless of their sex or gender identity.
Please note: the open housing option is not recommended for dating partners.
Where is it available?
This option was first piloted during the 2015-2016 academic year and has since expanded to all upperclass apartment areas (Bice, Copeley, Faulkner, and Lambeth) and to shared apartments in graduate student housing. Requests for open housing in other residence areas can be accommodated on a case-by-case basis.
How do I apply?
To learn more about the open housing option, contact email@example.com. Please note that to participate, your housing application must be received by the appropriate deadline, and all roommates and/or apartmentmates must mutually agree to the open housing assignment.
Application Deadlines for 2018-2019
- Returning Undergraduates applying to stay in the same residence area: November 7, 2017
- Returning Undergraduates applying to live in Johnson or upperclass apartments: January 18, 2018
- Graduate Students: April 9, 2018
- Incoming First-Year Undergraduates: June 1, 2018
- Incoming Transfer Undergraduates: June 1, 2018