Move-in days can be hectic on-Grounds. The following tips can help make the process easier.
- To help manage traffic flow and greeter resources on move-in days, first-year students are assigned a two-hour move-in window on either Friday, August 24 or Saturday, August 25 that corresponds to their housing assignment. You may arrive at any time during the two-hour window, but please make plans to move in during the date and time slot assigned for your specific building. See our Move-In Time Slot Tips page for more information, or our Move-In Times & Locations page for a list of times by housing area.
- Short-term, 15-minute parking is available in front of your residence hall. This time is only for unloading belongings from your car, and a driver must remain with the car at all times.
- Free long-term parking is available all day in the Emmet/Ivy Parking Garage on Friday, August 24, and the Scott Stadium lots on Saturday, August 25.
- University Police and Parking & Transportation officers will direct you to your parking areas.
- If you have questions about parking, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need help? Ask a greeter. Greeters will help students move into residence halls during each building's assigned two-hour window. Look for students in bright-colored Greeters t-shirts! If you arrive outside of your assigned time slot, greeters will not be available to assist.
- Only students may check in. Check-in areas are located at tents in front of the building, or in the building lobby. Each check-in area is staffed by the building's RAs. Photo ID is required.
- Consider bringing a handcart or dolly to transport belongings to your room.
- Find your room before you unload the car and carry everything inside.
The Housing & Residence Life Main Office is open from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of move-in weekend.