Students receive correspondence directly from Housing & Residence Life about housing assignments and move-in dates. The information below can help you begin to plan. Please note, University ID cards are picked up at the ID Office in Observatory Hill Dining Hall, not at Housing & Residence Life.
Incoming First-Year Students
Move-In for first-year students will occur on either Friday, August 18 or Saturday, August 19, depending on your room assignment. Early arrivals are only permitted in special circumstances (see "Undergraduate Early Arrivals" below for more information). Please make plans to move in on the date that your specific building is opening:
Friday, August 18, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Alderman Road Hall-Style: Kellogg, Gibbons, Tuttle-Dunnington, Woody, Watson-Webb (check-in at building lobby)
- Alderman Road Suite-Style: Courtenay (check-in in front of building)
- Gooch Suite-Style: 110-120, 210, 307-320 (check-in at Gooch main patio)
- Dillard Suite-Style: 131-148, 249, 331-350 (check-in at Dillard main patio)
- McCormick Road: Humphreys, Metcalf, Page (check-in in front of building)
Saturday, August 19, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Alderman Road Hall-Style: Balz-Dobie, Cauthen, Lile-Maupin, Shannon (check-in at building lobby)
- Alderman Road Suite-Style: Dunglison, Fitzhugh (check-in in front of building)
- Brown Residential College (check-in behind Venable)
- Gooch Suite-Style: 103-106, 121-130, 201, 301-306, 321-330 (check-in at Gooch main patio)
- Dillard Suite-Style: 153-160; 351-360 (check-in at Dillard main patio)
- Hereford Residential College (check-in at Runk Plaza / outside Whyburn)
- International Residential College (check-in outside Munford)
- Malone House Hall-Style (check-in at Runk Plaza / outside Whyburn)
McCormick Road: Echols, Emmet, Hancock, Lefevre (check-in in front of building)
Upperclass and Transfer Students
Unless approved for an early arrival, all students in upperclass housing may move in on Friday, August 18 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. or on Saturday, August 19 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you wish to be considered for check-in before August 18, see "Undergraduate Early Arrivals" below.
- Bice House: check-in at building lobby
- Brown Residential College: check-in behind Venable
- Copeley Apartments: check-in in front of building 836 Abbott House
- Faulkner Apartments: check-in at Faulkner Picnic Pavilion
- Hereford Residential College: check-in at Runk Plaza / outside Whyburn
- International Residential College: check-in outside Munford
- Johnson & Weedon Houses: check-in at Runk Plaza / outside Whyburn
- Lambeth Field Apartments: check-in at Lambeth Commons
- Shea House, French House, Spanish House: check-in at Shea House
- The Lawn: check-in at Gibbons House
Undergraduate Early Arrivals
If you are part of a University group that requires your presence on Grounds before Opening (such as an athletic team or Session K Orientation), your program leader will contact Housing & Residence Life to coordinate approval for early arrivals. Students not part of a sponsored group need to submit an Early Arrival Application. However, the Early Arrival Application deadline of Ausust 8, 2017 has passed, and we are no longer accepting applications. If you feel you have an extraordinary situation, please email email@example.com.
Undergraduate Late Arrivals
Sunday, August 20
Check-in for all undergraduate residence areas will take place at the Housing & Residence Life Main Office in Gibbons House from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Monday, August 21
Check in at the Housing & Residence Life Main Office in Gibbons House from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, August 22 and beyond
Students arriving on or after Tuesday, August 22 must inform Housing & Residence Life in order to keep their housing assignment. If you enroll at the University but fail to check into your assigned residence, you are still responsible for payment of housing charges for the entire academic year.
Graduate Students, Faculty, and Staff
Your move-in date is specified on your housing agreement. Keys can be picked up at the Housing & Residence Life Main Office during business hours: Monday - Friday (except holidays), 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.