Search This Site

Staying On-Grounds FAQs

Other Questions about On-Grounds Stays

Where should I park?

In order to park at the University of Virginia, you will need a parking permit. Parking may be included with your conference or event, or you may be given the opportunity to purchase a parking permit when you arrive. For guests checking in at the Conference Services office (425 Tree House Drive), a staff member will direct you to the appropriate parking lot.

What if I’m locked out of my room?

If you are locked out of your room, please call us at 434.924.4479 and we will send one of our staff members to let you back into your room. This service is available 24 hours a day. Be prepared to show proper ID in order to verify that you are the guest staying in the room in question.

What if I lose my access card/key?

If you lose your access card and/or key, please contact us immediately at 434.924.4479. In order to maintain high security in the residence area, we will change all affected locks and give you a new set of keys. The lock change fee will be charged to the credit card that you provided as a key deposit at check-in.

How do I report if maintenance/repairs are needed in my accommodations?

Report any maintenance requests to Conference Services as soon as possible at 434.924.4479. You will not be charged for any needed maintenance.

Can I receive mail while I’m staying in on-Grounds housing?

Yes. Please have your letters and packages addressed to:

1 Page-Emmet
[Name of Conference]
Charlottesville, VA 22904

All mail to summer residents and guests will be delivered to the Shannon mailroom.